Monday, November 16, 2009

Welcome Wagon

Mattison must have been tired of being around her parents all weekend. She was up at 6:00am and ready to go to school by 7:00am. I was trying to get everything ready for the morning and we normally do not leave for school until 7:30am, but Mattison put on her shoes and jacket and said "Mommy School". I asked her if she wanted to watch the Wiggles before school trying to get a little time, but she said "School Mommy". I dropped her off and she took off into her classroom straight over to her friend Hailey and started playing. Well, I guess she was bored with me and needed a little kid action.
Today when I picked Mattison up her teacher told me about a child that was visiting the school today with his/her parents. She told me that when they came into her classroom Mattison went directly over to the child saying "Hello" and taking the child straight over to the toys and telling them exactly what they had to play with. The teacher said Mattison was so sweet and made the child feel so welcome in the class. It really made me happy to know that she is such a sweet and loving child.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I love how open and genuine they are at this age! They haven't yet learned how to lie or be mean. Whatever they show you is what they really feel and think at that moment (for good and bad). Her being helpful and welcoming to a new child shows something about who she is deep down! :-)

(LOL, word verification phrase is "cutie" -- appropriate!)