Friday, November 6, 2009

Princess

Another Friday.... TGIF.
I had to wake Mattison up for school this morning, which is very common. She must have been dreaming because she started mumbling about Colors, which is what she calls crayons. It was cute.
Mattison is getting slower and slower in the mornings. She wants to do things on her own time. I wake her up at the last possible minute not leaving us much time to get ready. I am normally dressed and ready to go and all I have to do is get her ready. She tots around, wants to visit daddy, watch a little tv, and put on her own shoes and jacket. Then she walks into her school (sometimes like she owns the place) waving and saying hello to everyone. She takes her time washing her hands and finally I get hugs and leave. I have had to learn to be very patient with her lately. I read toddlers take their time at doing everything.
The only other news for the day is we were in the floor reading Mattison's night time stories when out of nowhere she pointed to the shelf in her room. There are soft pull out drawers that have a pink princess on each one. Mattison looked and pointed to one and said "Princess" and then said "Mattison Princess". I am sure she was talking about it being her princess, but the way she said it, it sounded like she was calling herself a princess.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

The "me do" phase definitely requires a lot of patience, doesn't it? Or to think about it another way, toddlers help us slow down the busy pace of life and remind us to (sometimes literally) stop and smell the flowers. ;-)

Debby said...

Matti sounds like her grandma...She always took her sweet time every morning....I was always afraid that we would be late to school....Ha Ha...; )