Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween

Happy Halloween!
On Friday Matti had her Halloween Party at school. I was only able to snap a couple of pictures of her and her buddy Hailey as I dropped Matti off for school. I was unable to attend the actual party because of work.
Here are a couple of pictures of Hailey and Matti.


These girls do not look to happy, but I swear they are buddies!!!

We had planned once again on taking Matti to the Hill Ridge Farms here in Raleigh this weekend, but once again woke up Saturday to pouring rain. I was so disappointed. Later in the morning on Saturday I noticed the rain had stopped and I knew there was a Fall Festival going on at the end of the neighborhood so Matthew and I got dressed and put Matti in her costume and decided to just tough it out and get out of the house. The rain by this time was a drizzle. We initially took Matti stroller, but Matti seemed to do just fine walking beside her father the entire time we were at the festival. Matti loved the bouncy houses, from the outside only... She seemed to circle around each of the three bouncy houses over and over again as if she were trying to decide whether she wanted in or not. She did get in the first one we came to only to make a quick exit minutes after she got in. I was relieved because I thought some of the kids were just a little rough and I was petrified she would get hurt, but I knew I had to let her at least try it out.
We also saw a big fire truck and Matti got to sit in the drivers seat, which ago lasted only a second, but she seemed to be interested in it.
We went around to different stations. Matti got balloons and candy and just got to walk around and enjoy herself for a little while.
Here are only a few festival pictures.






Matti's one minute in the bouncy house...




Later that afternoon after Matti had her nap her grandmommy Newton came down and Matti and Grandmommy painted pumpkins and Matthew and I carved pumpkins. We had a lot of fun. By this time the weather was 78 degrees and Humid!!! It was perfect for painting and carving though. Here are a few pictures.



Later on in the evening we finally got Matti dressed in her costume to go trick or treating. Our neighborhood was buzzing with parents and kids. The neighbors basically set up candy stations all the way down the street. It was a nice night and everyone was out. We took Matti to a few houses and she did a great job saying trick or treat, which of course came out sounding a little different, but we had worked with her all week and she was very polite saying thank you to each person and waving and saying bye bye to each person. We made it to about eight houses and Matti turned around and started walking home. I figured she had enough. We decided to give Matti a sucker and sit on our front porch and pass out our candy. Matti really enjoyed doing that. She also like the sucker. She had sucker everywhere!!!! It was in her hair, running down her chin, on her hands, and face. It was so funny, but so rewarding to see her have so much fun. Here are a few pumpkin painting pictures and trick or treat pictures.





We had a wonderful weekend. I have a few videos I will post tomorrow.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Looks like fun! I wish our neighborhood was more like that. Maybe parts of it are, but our little cul-de-sac is pretty quiet. Most of the folks who live there have kids who are now in college, so that's probably why...