Saturday, November 14, 2009

Shopping

Matti woke up at 6:30am this morning, but I had been in bed since 8:15pm Friday night so I guess I had enough sleep. Whew, just looking at 6:30am on the clock regardless is a little on the early side for me, but I knew we had to get the day started.
I decided to do the grocery shopping early this morning because I knew Matti was not thrilled about riding in the cart anymore. We took off to the store and she of course handled herself fairly well. She loves to get the groceries for me and put them in the cart. Toward the end of of our shopping trip though she started to get a little out of control, but I handled it without breaking a sweat. I was quite proud of myself. I am finally starting to realize I am not the only mother in the world with a very energetic toddler.
We got home, Matti had her lunch, and she was ready for a nap and so was I. Matti took a nap around 12:30pm and slept until around 2:30 or so. I ended up falling asleep on the couch for an hour, which was wonderful.
I decided to try to sew a little this afternoon. I have a wonderful jacket pattern for toddler girls that I have been wanting to try. I put Matti in a chair at the dining room table and gave her a bunch of large buttons to play with. She named each color and pretended to count them and had the biggest time. I ended up having about an hour of sewing time.
Matti decided she wanted to play in her room a little this evening. She sat in front of a mirror and combed her hair and said "Mattison Pretty", which I completely cracked up. She has also been saying "Mattison Princess" a lot lately also.
I am so glad she is not down on herself, you know...like her mom-he he Actually it was very sweet. Then she combed her daddy's hair and said "ooohhhh, pretty". This is her thing now. Everything is pretty-from clothes, to herself, to daddy, and mommy. What a sweet child.
This evening we snuggled on the couch and watched her favorite bedtime shows which consist of Caliou and Make way for Noddy. We did our normal bath time routine, which Matti pee peed in the potty again and was very proud of herself. After her bath she was so ready for bed. As soon as I put her down she was out for the count.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I have so much more sympathy now for people with screaming kids in the grocery store. Luckily that's never happened to me, but I know the day will come, heh.

How funny that she likes to compliment herself in the mirror! That's so adorable!

I'm loving this independent playing stage too. I can occasionally manage to get things done while he's not even sleeping, LOL.