Tuesday, November 17, 2009

23 Months

Matti is 23 months today. It seems like yesterday that I just had a sweet baby girl with a head full of hair. I cannot believe she is going to be two.
She loves Hello Kitty right now so we are planning on having her a Hello Kitty Themed party. I guess I need to get planning. Time goes by too fast.
Matti woke up this morning a little under the weather. Seems that she is getting a cold. She woke up around 5:30am crying, but I rocked her back to sleep and she slept until I had to wake her around 7:10am. I hated to get her up, but she had no fever and I had to work today so she went to daycare. I absolutely hated taking her knowing that she did not feel up to par. I know she is good hands though she absolutely loves her teacher and her teacher is very loving and caring. I just just remember being a kid and not feeling well and wanting my mommy. Ms. Lisa said she would call me if Matti seemed fussy for me. The day has passed without any calls so I guess I will get her in a few minutes and pray she has been okay all day. Mommy Guilt!!!!
Last night at story time Matti pulled out her word book which is a book with 100 pictures and words naming the pictures. We got to the food section and Matti named every food on the page saying "Mattison likes.....cheese, bananas, broccoli, tomatoes, etc" she would pat her chest suggesting that she was Mattison while she was saying that. I was so proud of her for knowing all of her foods pictured. I did not realize she knew so many different items that were in the book. She almost named all every picture in the book. I was absolutely amazed at her and I am amazed everyday at how much she learns from day to day.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I don't think there's anything worse than Mommy guilt!

Matti turning 2 means it's just around the corner for Carter... yikes! I can't believe it's been two years either. I remember sitting on your mom's couch holding a tiny little newborn Matti that day of my baby shower, not knowing that 3 days later I was going to be a mom too! Crazy!

Mattison Grace said...

I know. That had to be so strange. I remember that day also and how great it looked you holding a baby and could not wait to see Carter. Little did I know that Carter would be here so soon. I cannot tell you how happy I am that all of our children are so close in age and will hopefully grow up to be as close as we all are.