Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Potty Time/Cat in the Hat

The past week Matti has wanted to sit on her potty before her bath and play with her Elmo cell phone. This has become a part of her night time routine. I let her sit on the potty until she is ready to get off. Well, tonight we made pee pee again. Matti was so excited. Matthew and I cheered for her. Again, we are no where close to start potty training, but when she asks to sit on her potty we do not refuse her. YAY!!!! My big girl!!!
I feel it is very important to read to your children. I think I feel this way because I have never been able to read out loud very well and sometimes still struggle with reading. There is not a night that passes that I do not sit and read several books to Matti. I hope that she eventually will enjoy reading to me. We have been reading books to Matti every night for at least the past year. She really enjoys that special time with me or Matthew. Usually her books are short and sweet, but tonight she pulled out Cat in the Hat. I did not think she would sit through the whole book, but I gave it a shot. (Dr. Suess books I think are a little difficult to read, but I made it through)... Matti sat perfectly snuggled in my lap through the whole book and ended up falling asleep at the end. I think I read that around this age they start enjoying longer more detailed stories. I wonder if that is starting to happen or if it were just a fluke. Oh well, I enjoyed the extra time.
I put her to bed thinking she completely out. I walked over and cut out her lamp and started to walk out the door when I heard a whisper "mommy" and remembered that I forgot to kiss her head before I left. I said "oh mommy forgot to give you a kiss". Her reply was "uh huh" so I reached down a kissed her foreheard. She said "bye bye mommy. Nite Nite"....

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I'm waiting for Carter to be interested in "stories". I thought he was ready at one point and bought some of my favorite childhood story books, but he has yet to sit through a whole reading! The longest story he has patience for is "Guess How Much I Love You".