Friday, November 20, 2009

Pee Pee In the Potty

I have posted a lot about Mattison going pee pee in the potty. She is doing it more and more.
I picked her up from school yesterday and I noticed on her daily report card that her teacher apparently let Matti use the potty at school, which is perfectly fine with me since we had already discussed potty training and Mattison's willingness to go. Of course in the evenings when I pick Mattison up her evening teacher is there so she did not know anything about it. This morning when I dropped Mattison off I asked Ms. Lisa about her potty experience and she stated that three of the little girls in Mattison's class went potty around the same time. She said that Mattison did a great job, but seemed to be a little freaked out by the water splashing in the real toilet. They have little bitty toddler kids toilets at school (awww they are so cute) and apparently since she only uses the potty at home she was not used to using a real toilet. Anyway, last night as I got Mattison ready for her bath she sat down on her potty and immediately pee peed. I was so excited. She stood up and looked in the toilet, clapped, and said pee pee yuck. I think she said yuck because she has wanted to put her hands in it before and I told her pee pee in potty was yucky. I have thought hard about it and decided to try to start potty training after Christmas. I will not be disappointed if it does not work and will not force it upon her, but I will make a concious effort to ask her if she needs to go.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Wow, how awesome for Matti (and you) that she is making so much progress with her potty learning! I think it's going to be a looong time before Carter gets there, LOL.