Monday, May 19, 2008

5 Months Old

Oh, how time flies! I cannot believe my baby is 5 months old already. I compared her newborn picture to her pictures now and I cannot believe how much she has grown in just a few months.
We had a great weekend. I put together Mattison's jogging stroller (she looks so tiny in it)which I intend to use to start walking again. I think Mattison will really enjoy being outdoors. I have been worried about all the pollen, but we have had a lot of rain lately so may be it is not so bad now.
Mattison is really starting to show her personality more everyday. I have a basket that I have been putting all her toys in and now when I put her in the floor she will automatically roll over, reach out, and grab whichever toy she wants. I try moving the basket away from her to watch her reaction and she gets frustrated trying to reach out and will pull her legs underneath her like she is going to crawl, but then she just ends up putting her face in the blanket and turns red in the face. Any day now I am expecting a scoot or may be a crawl.
Mattison also enjoys being very vocal if she is in her exersaucer or bouncy seat. I really think she likes the sound of her voice because it gets louder and louder.
She has a range of emotions now. Happy one minute and mad/frustrated if things do not work out her way. (Wonder who she gets that from). It is so fun to observe her and watch her play and study different toys and graze at her surroundings. She is so interested in everything around her.
Last night, was the first night in a long time that I did not get any sleep. Mattison was up all night long. She was not crying, but just wanted to play. She woke me up around midnight and of course I picked her up, changed her and rocked her back to sleep. As soon as I put her down her eyes opened and she had a big grin on her face. She started kicking and babbling loudly. I left her alone and went back to bed only to hear her crying so I repeated the same action-rock until she is limp and put her back to bed. Again this did not work. Time after time I was getting a little frustrated so I decided to feed her. She took in five ounces and was sleeping so hard her whole body was limp again. Still no success. She woke up as soon as I put her down. Finally around 4:00am she decided she had enough and dosed off. I forgot how hard it is to stay up with a baby. Working today has not been that easy with no sleep. It was okay when I was out on maternity leave. I could just nap during the day.
I am posting some pictures of Mattison I took over the weekend. I have also posted a picture of her when she was just a few minutes old so you can compare the change.

3 comments:

bonbonbanker said...

Boy she is a big girl and very alert....but I think she has her Mom and Dad wrapped!!!! You can see the personality pop out in her eyes....

Babies are just like adults, sometimes they are just not sleepy...but it is tough on Mom and Dad...

I can't wait to see her,
Love,
Nana

Jenn said...

I am SO excited to see Matti this weekend! It sounds like she's come so far developmentally in the last couple of months. I'm looking forward to Carter hitting all of those milestones. The pictures of her are so adorable, and really show her personality!

I have yet to get a decent night's sleep, LOL. Of course, I'm not working for a few more months, so it's no big deal. But still, I keep forgetting we'll get to that point eventually!

Give Matti a big smooch from us, and see you SOON!

Pam Marion said...

Hopefully, we will be able to see her this weekend....third time should be the charm!

She's little miss Julie "all over again"!

Love,
Aunt Pam