Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Baby Babble

Matti has been trying so hard to communicate with Matthew and I lately. Sometimes the expressions on her face when she wants to talk, but nothing will come out are priceless. I cannot help but crack up. She loves to voice her opinion! I have a video clip of her protesting. I fed her spaghetti for lunch and had to strip her down in the kitchen before I could bring her to her room for new clothes. She had spaghetti everywhere. I put her in her crib while I got some clothes together and this is what happened:



She has been really babbling up a storm. Mama, Dada, Nene, baable, gaagaaa, etc.
She even looks at us as if she is trying to tell us something and if we do not understand she starts to cry. I feel like she might even be trying to tell us what she wants now, but of course we cannot understand her. She still has not started to point yet. We can tell her to go find a popular object and she will hunt for it and if she finds it she will hold it up with a big grin on her face.

She still only has two bottom teeth. We are still waiting on the top to come in. Although I feel it will not be long. She seems to be getting a rash on her chin and started drooling a lot again. I will be so excited to see some top ones. We have only been wiping her teeth with a wash cloth at night, but I guess it is time for a toothbrush. I want her to have good dental hygiene habits so we will start early!

Matti still eats pretty much everything except Green Beans. For some reason she absolutely refuses to eat them. If I put them in her mouth she will just spit them out. I tried mixing them up with chunks of potato and she will eat right around them. I sat and watched her pick up the green bean and throw it in the floor and them pick up a potato and eat it. She is too funny! Oh, by the way, she still falls asleep when she eats. It does not matter what time of evening it is. Here is a picture from the other night.



Matti has also been pulling up and cruising for some time now. She is starting to let go of furniture to find herself standing all alone for a brief period of time. She will also take a big step from place to place without holding on. I am sure she will be walking by her 1st birthday.

Speaking of 1st birthday I have already started thinking how in six weeks I will have a one year old. WOW- a whole year! I have caught myself looking at birthday party invitations and a special party outfit for her. OMG!

We visited nana and papa in Mount Airy this weekend. Matti was an angel (of course). She actually slept until 7:30am on Saturday and then 7:45am on Sunday. It was amazing. I have not been able to sleep in for a long time. I felt so rested.
She had a wonderful time. We had her pictures made on Saturday afternoon in her Carolina Cheerleader uniform and also had a fall picture made. Here is a picture of her in the uniform right before we left to go to Ann Katherine's photography!



On Sunday we dressed her up in a Halloween costume and made a few photos. She did not like the hood on her head at all. It was very difficult to keep that on. She kept wanting to pull it off. She was a good sport through all of this.



3 comments:

bonbonbanker said...

OK, another drama queen in our family, no surprise...how adorable. I could squeeze her. We had a great time this past weekend and it just makes me want to see her everyday instead of every few weeks.
Love,
Nana

Jenn said...

OMG, the shot of her n the high chair with the two little pigtails look just like you! She is so precious! I can't believe she will be 1 soon. How did that happen???

Pam Marion said...

As Jenn said, the photo in the highchair looks just like Julie at this age but then the photo to the left of the post, she looks just like Aunt Joni!!She's a doll....