Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Climbing

I wanted to update the blog a little more. I like Jenn, think that every post has to have a picture or milestone, but have decided just to post the everyday things.
Last night, I put Matti in her crib to get her bath ready. When I returned to her room her leg was thrown over the rail as if she was trying to escape. We have lowered her crib once to the second level which hits her right below her chest, but I guess now we need to lower all the way down. I am willing to bet she will be in toddler bed by next summer. Matti is a little monkey. She plays so rough. She loves to roll around on the floor with us and crawl over us. She has a bad habit of smacking and hitting me. She thinks it is playful, but it could hurt another baby. So I have to tell her "no" and I have been taking her hand and showing her how to pat my face or stoke my hair.
We finally got Matti on a great sleep schedule to where she was sleeping until 7:30am in the morning and as soon as that was established the time changed and screwed it all up. For three days she was up very early. This morning she seems to be back in the old sleep pattern waking at 7:00am this morning. Hopefully she is already adjusted to the time change.
Yesterday, I picked Matti up from school and once again she was all passed out in the cozy corner sleeping away. They cannot get her to take a nap at school in her crib. When she is ready to nap she just crawls over to the cozy corner and passes out. At home she naps well. She will usually nap for an hour in the mornings and two hours in the afternoon.
I have already started planning Matti's 1st birthday. I bought her an outfit and have been checking on invites. I cannot believe she will be turning one so soon. Last year at this time I was about to pop!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

The story about her trying to climb out of the crib makes me think of all the stories about your Houdini-esque abilities as a baby! I have vague memories of you being able to get out of anything. ;-)

I can't believe she's going to be 1 soon. That doesn't seem possible!

Mattison Grace said...

She is definitely a little Houdini. She loves to crawl under the end tables and come out the other side. She is simply amazing to me!