Tuesday, July 22, 2008

My Daughter the Vegan!


Well, as the title shows I think Matti will be a strict vegan for a while. I have posted in the past that she has eaten everything I have offered to her as far as veggies, fruits, cereals, and oatmeal. Well, we tried giving Matti stage II turkey, which to me smelled like dog food fresh out of the can, and she gagged! I would have gagged too. I tasted it and it was okay, but the smell was horrible. I tried to give her another bite to make sure she did not want the turkey and she gagged before I could even get it to her mouth. She had a serious YUCK face going on. She will not get anymore meat for a while. I will just stick with veggies, fruits, and cereals. If she ends up not liking meat she will be the first Marion child I know that does not like a big thick juicy steak!
In other news, Matti has started trying to pull up on everything. I thought that was not supposed to happen for a while. Crawling/scooting around lately has been terrifying enough, following her around to make sure she does not get into anything she is not supposed to. Trust me, toys do not interest her at all. Shoes, carpet fuzz, hair, Daddy's big screen, photo albums, and toy box, but not the toys.
She is already a handful and we are just beginning.
Sleeping has gotten much better. She is asleep by 8:00pm and does not get up until 6:00-6:30am. No more late night wake up calls for now. We anticipate this will not last.
I am posting a short video of Mattison pulling up on her father without any assistance, just a safety net.
Hope you enjoy!

5 comments:

Debby said...

WOW!!! She is growing up to fast...I can't wait to see her this weekend. Love you guys, Auntie Deb

bonbonbanker said...

My cutie patootie...you are such a big girl. You are adorable in that Ralph Lauren outfit. Boy you can pull yourself right up and you are so steady. Can't wait to get my sugar this weekend.
Love,
Nana

Pam Marion said...

Oh my gosh......Uncle Scott said,"she'll be walking before long!" Love the ruffle pants!

Sending our love,
Aunt Pam and Uncle Scott

Aidan and Emma said...

I can't believe she is pulling up! Wow! such a big girl! Emma has that same outfit, you'll have to put her in that on Saturday so they can match. I'll put Emma in hers, too cute! See you this weekend!

Jenn said...

Ohhh!! I totally got tears in my eyes when she stood! She is growing up SO fast! I'm so grateful that we have the internet and can share these videos. Just think how much we would miss!