Thursday, July 17, 2008

7 Months Old

It is hard to believe that I have survived seven months of motherhood! I absolutely love being a mother and it makes things even more wonderful because I was so blessed with a sweet (and I have to say) beautiful daughter!
Matti has been pretty much by the book on all of her milestones. There is not on thing she is lagging behind on. She is pretty much a "text book" baby. If she is not doing something one week by the time I read about it on Sunday night in my "Week by Week" baby book, she seems to perform that task a few days later leaving me with my mouth wide open in shock.
She is such a busybody. I have been told by Matti's teachers that she is quite fond of the NEW baby boy in her class. I guess you could say she has her first boyfriend. She smiles at him a lot and always wants his paci and wants to rub his little head. Oh mercy, we are in trouble already. She must get that flirty side from her dad (HA). She is now waiting to move up into the 6-12month class at school and I am really going to miss the teachers she has right now. I hope a spot does not open anytime soon. Matti rules the roost in the class she is in right now because she is at least a month older than her fellow classmates.
Finally the past couple of nights Matti has made it through the night without waking after midnight. Last night she only woke up twice (once around 10:30am and again around midnight) to find herself trying to sit up and she could not figure out how to lie back down. I went in her room to find her partially sitting with her eyes closed, crying. All it took was a hug and about a minute in the rocking chair and she was fast asleep. I did however buy a cheaper, but more absorbent brand of diapers trying to find one that would keep her clothes dry all night and Huggies no leaks are wonderful! She has not been wet the past two mornings.
I have to tell you one more thing before today that I find so amusing and it is something that must be video taped to prove how funny this actually is. Matti is so determined to stay awake at night that after her bath, rub down with lotion, soft sleep music in the background, and bottle Matti starts rolling her head (Very Fast), kicking her legs, almost singing mmmmmaaaammmmmaaammmmmaaa and baaabaaabaaa, and in the middle of all that she will screech really loud trying to keep herself awake. I end up getting so tickled at her I have tears running down my face I am laughing so hard. The whole time she is doing this she is looking up at me like touching my face, clinching one hand inside the other while throwing her arms up and down, and bowing her back. Most of the time I keep rocking and ignore her or if it gets really bad I just smile and tell her other babies are going nite nite too and it is time for Matti to go Nite Nite as I laugh harder under my breath. She does this for exactly five minutes each night (I have actually timed it a couple of times) and all the sudden she passes out cold with no movement or mumbling. Limp as a dish rag! She is going to be something else to put to bed as a toddler I am sure. I will have to get in shape because I having a feeling "bed protesting temper tantrums" somewhere in her future. (That will also be a trait she inherited from her father) HA!
Matti is the light of my life and is so full of energy-I hope this old mom can keep up with her as she grows. She has already taught me so much about myself and made me a stronger person. I hope I can be a good roll model for her and someone she will look up to as much as I look up to my mother.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Why do they fight going to sleep? When I'm tired, all I want to do is lay down and take a nap, but babies and little kids seem to try so hard to stay awake when they most need to sleep! :-P

I can't believe she's 7 months old! Then again, Carter is not far behind her...

Mattison Grace said...

Carter is a little cutie. He is not far behind her. Just a few weeks. Our babies are growing up quick!
It is hard to believe they fight sleep so hard and then just give up! I am lucky she gives up so soon. I have heard horry stories from co workers lately.
I found her sitting in her crib this morning just waiting patiently for someone to come get her! It is time to lower the crib already!

bonbonbanker said...

Jules, you are the greatest Mom. I am so proud of you. It is so sweet that you want to be as good of a Mom as me. That is the highest compliment in the world. Keep my sweetie pie a kiss from Nana.