Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Time to update

I have been VERY bad about keeping up with Matti's blog and have really missed out on posting a lot. So much that it would take me forever to update so I decided to start fresh with the things that are going on right now. I have been so caught up in sewing, work, and chasing Mattison around I completely regret I did not keep the blog going.

Matti will be 22 months old next week. It is so hard to believe that her 2nd birthday is fast approaching us.
At Matti's last check up, which was her 18 month check up, she weighed 26 pounds, 32 1/2 tall, and still has a big noggin measuring at 47.6cm which is the 70% for children her age. There is either a big brain in there or is it all that hair of hers. He he ...
Matti has really started talking a lot over the past several weeks. Words are too many to name, but Matthew and I can understand about 80% of what she is saying. She is starting to make two to three word sentances and likes to copy everything Matthew and I say. Apparently Matthew and people at daycare call Matti Honey or Honey do not do that because Matti has been saying "No Honey" to her father lately. It is absolutely hallirous. Also her daddy told her "bye Pookie" as she walked out the door to go to school this morning and she turned around, looked at him, and said "Bye Pookie" right back to him with a big grin. It is simply amazing how much toddlers can change in just a matter of a few weeks.
Matti has started singing lately. She will sing bits and pieces of the Imagination Movers theme song, nursery rhyme songs, and most recently bits and pieces of the alphabet song. She also loves to dance, draw, color, use play dough, dress up, undress (especially loves to take her diaper off these days), run, put puzzles together, play with Tinker Toys (supervised of course), play with baby dolls, etc. She is just into everything.
She is starting to understand emotions as well. If I make a sad face she will look at me all concerned and say "Mommy sad". If I make a happy face she will say "Mommy Happy" and then imitate the faces stating what faces she is making. One afternoon we were rough housing and she kicked me in the face by accident. I pretended to cry and she hugged me, patted me on the back, and said "Mommy sad" and once I looked at her and said you kicked mommy she said "Sorry" and gave me a kiss. It was the sweetest. She was patting my back and sssshhhhing me trying to comfort me. What a sweetheart.
One of the biggest things that has happen over the past couple of weeks is Potty!!! Mattison actually pee pee in the potty once (I think by accident), but got so excited. Once she first started to pee pee I think I scared her by my excitement, but once she understood it was a great thing she starting clapping and screaming to the top of her lungs. I was a proud mama even if it was just coienidentle.
For the past few weeks Matti has shown great interest in using the potty. She will come up to me and say "Potty" or "Pee Pee In Potty" and I will take her straight to the potty. She will sit there for a few minutes and sometimes look at a book and then get up. She never really uses the potty with the exception of the one time above. This morning she was all dressed for school and before I could put her shoes on she got off the couch and crouched down in the corner and started to push and then all the sudden she stood straight up and grabbed my hand and said "potty" so I took her to the bathroom, took off her pants and diaper, she sat down and pick up a magazine, then tooted really loud, stood striaght up and said "all done". Oh well, I guess this is all a start.. I had to giggle-she toots like her father he he he....
Matti still loves school and her friends at school knowing each of them by name. I think she is actully bored on the weekends because she has no one to play with, but mommy and daddy.
I will be posting some pictures later and try to get some movies, etc. I hope to keep this blog more updated. I have missed out on posting so much. Please stayed tuned.

No comments: