Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Hugs and Kisses, sweet baby girl

Matti has really started expressing her feelings over the past few weeks. She expresses when she is mad, happy, or feeling like she wants to cuddle. She has started crawling up in my lap to read a book or just cuddle.
Feeding time is a whole new experience now. She has been taking eight ounces of formula every feeding and eats four to five bottles a day. Last week she started trying to feed me. I always feed her in a quiet room with dim lights. I just hold her and she will just feed herself. Sometimes she will pull the bottle out of her mouth and try to put it in my mouth. When she does this she gives me a big milky smile. It is so sweet.
She also has started giving everyone kisses (Open mouth and a bunch of slobber). She will grab your face with both hands and just plant her mouth on your cheek and hold it there for a few seconds. When she pulls back she is so proud of herself. She just giggles and smiles and does it over and over. She also Eskimo kisses with her father.
She has really started crawling all over the place and pulling up on everything. She is also starting to cruise around the furniture a lot more. She is so hard to keep up with. I usually put her down in the kitchen floor while I do bottles or dishes and open a cabinet full of Tupperware. She loves to play in the cabinet for a little while and then she hangs on my legs the rest of the time.
Bed time is wonderful these days. Last night we Matti got hungry earlier than bedtime for a bottle so I gave her a bottle at 6:30pm and she finished every drop. I was worried this would cause her to get up earlier than 6:30am, but she slept straight through. I also worried that I would have trouble putting her to bed without a bottle, but that also was not a problem. After her bath I got her dressed for bed and rocked her for a few minutes with her sleep CD playing in the background. I also hummed a few tunes for her. We stared at each other and cuddled. When she seemed relaxed I put her down to bed. She stayed down and practiced saying Dada and baba to herself. Before I knew it she was fast asleep. Wow-bed time has definitely taken a turn for the best (Knock on wood).
Bath time is really fun now. She likes to play with her toys and splash around in the water. I usually suds her up and then turn the water on as I drain the bath water so I can rinse her. She tries to grab the running water and puts her toys under the running water. I just sit there while she plays for several minutes. She usually looks up at me laughs, squeals and splashes around.
Matti also has been playing a lot of peep eye with us after her bath. She likes to take her towel and cover her face. She will wait until we say "where's Matti" and she will uncover her face and just belly laugh and do it over and over again. I will have to get this on video. It is so cute.
On the downside, Matti's leg was a little boys lunch yesterday. I went to pick her up and received one of the dreaded incident reports to sign. She was bitten on the lower leg and there were teeth marks still present, but the skin was not broken. This little boy is a known bitter and it is impossible for the teachers to stop every bite from occurring. Luckily he will be out of her class at the end of the week. Other kids have been bitten a lot more than once so we have been very lucky.
Once more thing I wanted to add-I took Matti grocery shopping last Friday and I finally just put her down in the cart instead of using the carrier. She had the best time. I tied a balloon to the cart and she played with that the whole time. People were walking up to me talking about how cute she was. She would smile and them and laugh. One man passed us and smiled at her and she ended up blowing a huge raspberry at him. He just grinned at her and kept going. She was hamming it up! She did look cute. We had put her hair in two ponytails for crazy hair day at school. She was a doll. I will have to post the pic later on today.

No comments: