Monday, September 15, 2008

9 Month Wellness Check up

Matti went her her 9 month wellness check up on Friday. These appointments really do come around fast. It is hard to believe I have a nine month old now.
Matti's appointment went well. She is 19 1/2 pounds (I over estimated her weight by a long shot) and is 28 inches long. She is in great health. She received one shot, which was her Hep Shot. She took that well. She cried for a brief second and that was it. It was a lot easier than the past visits. The doctor checked her bottom gum and she definitely has two teeth on the verge of erupting.
Matti is babbling up a storm. She laughs and pays attention to everything we say. You can see her try hard to say something other than ma, da, ba, etc. She squeals and dances when any kind of music comes on. This weekend a couple of times she has been in the middle of playing and a TV commercial will come on with music. She stops what she is doing so bounce up and down and clap to the beat. It is so funny to see her do this.
She also loves to crawl around the house and explore. It is VERY hard to keep her still these days. Toys just do not interest her. She likes plastic soda bottles, bowls, plastic containers, etc. I took everything out of her diaper bag and filled the diaper bag full of things she could play with and she loves to pull everything out of it. I will put it all back in and she will pull it all out all over. She spent at least twenty minutes yesterday playing with a saline bottle. She inspected every inch of the bottle.
She is also comparing items. Matti would have a toy, hold it up in the air, put it on the floor, crawl around with it, pull up with it, put it on the table, pick it up again, put it back down on the floor, etc. She would do this over and over with the same toy. It is almost like she had OCD.
Also, tantrums have started all ready. Lord, I thought this was only when they got older. A few times this weekend she screeched at me and cried a terrible cry. At first I thought something was wrong, but I soon realized it was what I have been dreading. TANTRUMS! Probably the worst one was when I took her upstairs yesterday to give her a bottle and put her down for a nap. I let her carry her bottle as we went upstairs. I took the bottle away to change her diaper and she grunted and cried LOUDLY-so loud Matthew came upstairs to see what was going on. She bowed her back, kicked her legs, and thrashed her arms. All I could think was, Dear Lord it is me all over again.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

It's hard to believe they're growing up so fast. It doesn't seem like it could possibly be that long ago that I went to visit you and saw a one-week-old baby! (And little did I know Carter would be born a mere two weeks later...)

It sounds like the most interesting baby toys are the things she finds around the house! I guess that will save money on baby toys, eh? I'll have to remember that before I go and buy more stuff...

Debby said...

Julie, this stage is part of growing up... YOU were a cute child...Love you, Auntie Deb