Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Preschool

When I dropped Matti off at school this morning her teacher told me that Matti kept rolling over unassisted from back to front in her crib all day yesterday. They would turn her back over on her back, but she would just roll back over on her tummy. I had to sign a release form this morning stating now that she can roll over they will put her in her crib on her back, but if she rolls over to her tummy they will not turn her back over (unless she has a problem). They said that she slept for two hours at nap time on her belly and seemed to like being on her belly. This is exactly what needs to happen in order for her head to develop properly. The flat spot actually does not look as bad as it did a few months ago.
Also, Matti has made a new friend at school. A little nine month old in her class has befriended her. They play in the floor and they say Matti imitates her actions. They coo and babble to each other during play time. They even held hands and feet for a while. It made me so happy that she is so sociable. I almost shed a tear of joy when I picked her up and the little girl waved and said bye-bye to Matti as we walked out the door. As much as I wanted to stay home with Matti I feel that school has become very important in her development. I am glad I toughed it out and found a great daycare for her. The teachers are wonderful and seemed to be very concerned about her well being.

No comments: