Monday, December 14, 2009

2nd Birthday Party Hello Kitty Style

The past few weeks have been a little crazy so I have not been able to post.
Mattison had her 2nd Birthday party this past Saturday. She was so excited. I almost believe she knew it was a party for her. We told her all week that she was going to be having a Hello Kitty party on Saturday. We explained to her about birthdays and sang Happy Birthday to Mattison for a few days to get her used to the idea. She woke up very early on Saturday morning. She seemed very excited when she woke up like she knew something was going to take place. I had the house decorated with Hello Kitty decorations and once I picked up her cake and she laid eyes on it she said "Mattison's Hello Kitties firfday cake". She wanted to eat it right then. I had to tell her we had to wait for every body to come. She then relpied "Every body comin, eat cake". It was too funny. She sat at the table and stared at the cake for a long time.
Once people started to arrive she was a little shy in the beginning, but once Emma and Aidan came the party started for her. She played harder than ever. She loves when other kids are around to play with.
The party went smoothly and we managed not to have any meltdowns considering Mattison takes a nap EVERY DAY at 12:00pm, but I could tell she was running on fumes. They had pigs in a blanket and fruit salad for lunch and then Hello Kitty Birthday Cake with ice cream. Mattison even blew out her birthday candle by herself.
When we sang Happy Birthday to Mattison as she stood in a chair and smiled the entire time. After cake and ice cream we opened way many gifts. Mattison seemed to know what she was doing opening her gifts. It was so funny watching her open toys and opposed to clothes. All kids are interested when they receive toys, but when they open clothes they just toss them to the side. I could not help but giggle. I remember doing the same thing when I was young. She would grab and open her presents herself. She got a lot of neat gifts. She received a Hallmark "Twas the Night Before Christmas" book from her Papa Hawks who read the book on a recording of his voice. She loved it. She also received several Dr. Suess books and Hello Kitty coloring book from her Grandmommy Newton which we have really enjoyed. Her Aunt Debby and Cousin Jenn got her a baby doll and a whole bunch of cookware/bake ware for her kitchen which she has also enjoyed. Aunt Kiki and Uncle Kent got her the cutest Hello Kitty Suitcase with little trinkets inside which really fascinated her it also included hat, mittens, and some socks which are adorable. She is so girly these days. Papa David got her a Swingin with Snoopy 2009, which was really cute and she put it in her room to play with. Aunt Pam and Uncle Scott got her a really cute Pink Adias Jogging suit. It is precious. Nene and Papa also bought her a Carolina Cheer leading Uniform and Carolina Jogging suit of course her Daddy loves that! They were also precious. Her cousins Emma and Aidan and Auntie Donna got her a lot of Hello Kitty sticker, coloring book, Hair bows, necklace and ring, etc. She loves all of those and has tucked them away in her Hello Kitty Suitcase. Nana and Papa Marion got her a baby stroller and some coloring/activity books, some flash cards, etc. She received so much that I know I am forgetting to mention things, but Matthew helped her open gifts as I tried to take pictures so I had difficulty finding out who got her what. Matthew and I almost forgot to give her our present until some people had already left the party. I felt horrible we did not bring it down until the party was over, but we got her a children's easel so she could draw, color, and paint. She seemed to like it.
By bedtime she was so wore out she made it through her bath but as soon as she got her PJ's on and crawled up in my lap to read I made it through two pages of on of her new books and when I looked down at her she was fast asleep. I could not put her to bed immediately. I just looked at her and stroked her hair as she had the most peaceful look on her face. I just wanted to rock my baby as much as I could. I do not get a lot of chances to do that anymore.
Now, we just need a new house with a play room for all the wonderful toys and gifts. In reality I need to sort through a lot of her old things and either sell, store, or give to charity. We have Christmas coming up so I know there will be more toys.
I can't believe that I will have a two year old in the house this week. She is just an amazing child! I am so proud of her and love her very much.
Now, I cannot wait to see her face Christmas Morning when she sees her things from Santa.

No comments: