Monday, June 23, 2008

Energizer Bunny!!!!!

Matti usually sleeps through the night with no problem, but this weekend was another story.
Matti has learned to do so many things that when it is time for bed and I know she is completely exhausted she will sleep for an hour and wake up scooting around in her bed crying. Saturday night and Sunday night were long nights. It reminded me of when she was a newborn all over again. She just could not get settled, but she was so tired as soon as I would pick her up she would fall back asleep only to wake up an hour later doing the same thing. It is almost like her body just does not want to stop practicing. I am hoping since she returned to school today that she will be tired enough to sleep tonight. Mommy is exhausted.
Otherwise, Matti has been wide open since Saturday morning. Screeching and squealing and laughing at everything. She is constantly making noise. When we try to get it on video she completely freezes. I will have to sneak up on her and catch her in the act so I can post her babbling. Matthew and I were just amazed at how much energy she has. It is non-stop. All we can do is laugh and giggle at her.
I have a video of her on all fours trying to crawl which is now a little out dated and I just took it on Friday. She is now trying her best to lunge forward and has done it on several occasions. Matthew watched her on Sunday while I got a shower and he said that she pushed herself up into a tripod seated position, but quickly toppled over. She is just doing things to fast!
One of the videos I took had me cracking up. I put Matti in her crib so I could get her trash out and clean up her room a little. I walked out of her room for a second to put the trash outside her door and when I walked back in she had pulled her bumper pad down and was peeking through the bars on the crib smiling. I quickly ran and got the camera as I was laughing hysterically and caught it the second time around.
I hope you enjoy. I hope to get more little clips to post for you soon.

4 comments:

Jenn said...

The videos are so cute! And that rocking back and forth on her hands and knees is amazing. She looks like she's about to crawl any time now. Crazy!

bonbonbanker said...

I laughed histerically at the one where you and Matti are playing Peep eye....She was adorable. It is amazing how well she uses her arms and legs....I just want to pinch her...
Love,
Nana

Pam Marion said...

I could "eat her with a spoon!", how precious. Start "baby proofing" the rooms, she will be mobile very soon. Sending hugs and kisses............

Love,
Aunt Pam

Aidan and Emma said...

Look at her go! She will be on the move in no time. I know you are not ready for her to be mobile mommy, but it doesn't look like she is going to wait! I have this feeling that Emma wont be too far behind her! Soon they will be on the move together! ha!